Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Walmart Deals & Canning Jar Watch


This is our first year living in the South and my first gardening experience in such a warm and humid climate. After 12 years in the NW and trying to coax a garden into growing, I am SHOCKED to see my veggies already overgrowing their raised beds. All of the seed packets had estimated days to harvest and I am 20-30 days short on the lettuce and spinach and already eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If the tomatoes, carrots, peppers, 5 kinds of squash, zucchini, pumpkins, beans, and two kinds of peas produce at the same rate I will be doing a lot of canning. I don't shop at Walmart very much but today I went to get prices on canning jars (I have $3 off 2/box coupons from a few weeks ago) and to see if any of the deals I have seen on different blogs were available at ours in West Knox. Here are the results.

1 Watermelon - $4
Peaches - .98/lb
8 Mac & Cheese .50 ea
White Cloud TP - 4 roll(143 sq/ft) - $2
used 2 - Buy Three Get One Free (B3G1F) made them .37ea
used $1 off White Cloud made it .006 sq/ft (that is half the price of Quilted Northern at Sam's) That means if the Quilted Northern at Sam's was the same price per sq/ft it would be $8.10 instead of $17.48. Never based your buying decision on the number of rolls in a pkg of TP. It may sound crazy but every 4 pk, 6 pk, 9 pk, ect. ect. has a different amount on each roll.
There is a $1 4-pk of Cottonelle at the Maryville location but not at Turkey Creek. I have a $1 off coupon and was hoping to get it for free. It will just have to stay filed until my next trip down.

Canning Jars
Ball Brand (Box of 12)
4oz Jelly $7.70
Quilted 1/2 Pint Reg $8.12
1/2 Pint Reg $7.12
Pint Reg $7.70
Pint Wide $$8.76
Qt. Reg $8.82
Qt. Wide $10
Golden Harvest Brand (Box of 12)
Pint Reg $6.82
Qt. Reg $7.88
If you had to buy based on this then the Golden Harvest are a better deal. If you have the $3/2 boxes coupon then Ball Brand is better. I am hoping for a sale just before canning season comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment