Monday, June 15, 2009

CVS trip 6/15

Two things first.
1. Taking pictures of my shopping trips is not my favorite thing. In my mind to be a blog worthy shopping picture it would need to be me and my best friend, Michelle, shopping in Vernazza, Italy after we spent a day swimming in the Mediterranean. CVS on Kingston Pike just doesn't come close. So, if shopping pictures are helpful for you then leave some happy comments and let me know. I might reconsider adding pictures:)

2. CVS is a little sneaky and they let you shop the next week's deals starting on Saturday at 6pm. So I did my CVS shopping Saturday the 13th after picking up CK #1 from a friends house.

Here is what we added to our stockpile. Total OOP was $1.87.
3 - Schick Titanium Razor/Trimmers
3 - Kellogg's Cereals
1 - Skippy Peanut Butter 16.3oz

These are the three transactions.
1 - Schick Titanium Razor/Trimmer $7.99
2- Kellogg's Cereals $1.88ea
used 1 - $4 razor coupon that exp 6/14 (another came out in the 6/14 SS so you can still do this)
used 2 - $1 Kellogg's cereal coupons from the 6/7 RP
used 5 ECB's from prior week
pd .75 OOP received 3 ECB's

1 - Schick Titanium Razor/Trimmer $7.99
1 - Kellogg's Cereal $1.88ea
1 - Skippy Peanut Butter $1.66ea
used 1 - $4 razor coupon that exp 6/14 (another came out in the 6/14 SS so you can still do this)
used 1 - $1 Kellogg's cereal coupons from the 6/7 RP
used 1 - $1 Skippy coupon that printed out last week & .40 coupon from 3/31 RP
used 2 ECB's from prior week and 3 ECB's from last transaction
pd .13 OOP and received 3 ECB's

1 - Schick Titanium Razor/Trimmer $7.99
used 1 - $4 razor coupon that exp 6/14 (another came out in the 6/14 SS so you can still do this)
used 3 ECB's from last transaction
pd. .99 OOP and received 3 ECB's to use next week

If you are a math lover and you figured out that the net overall would be the same if I just pd for everything in one transaction and took the 9 ECB's from the 3 razors and used them next week, let me tell you why when I have the chance I used multiple transactions.

At CVS the limit for the Razor ECB deal was three. If all three are purchased in the same transaction, the ECB prints out as a single $9 ECB. It can be difficult to come with $9 worth of items some weeks. The ECB's do have an expiration date so I like to use them each week so that they don't expire and to keep the weekly OOP as low as I can. It's the game I play with myself to see how little cash I can spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment