Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CVS & Staples 6/9


Isn't this goofy taking a picture of my CVS trip? And I forgot to put the Gillette Razor on the pile so just imagine it:)

I always try to plan my shopping trips to get the most bang for the miles. Staples is about 15 minutes away from me so I always combine a stop there with a stop at JoAnn's or Dick's Sporting Goods, Home Depot ect. Today, I had to go to the Chevy dealership to get a part to fix my car after I wrecked it on Saturday.....into my husbands truck. Thanks to my dad in Houston who works for Chevy, he called and got me the part for cost. Thanks Daddy. My very sweet hubby already installed it. My trip today included picking up CK#2 at bball camp, 1/2 price drinks at Sonic (2-4pm), Beaty Chevy and Staples.


My buy price for reams of paper is $1/ream. This is pretty easy to get with the rebates that Staples has at least monthly. This week Staples has Hammermill Copyplus Paper 500ct reams for $4.99ea. There is a $3.99 rebate with a limit of two. So I bought two and tonight I did the very easy process of entering that rebate online at http://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/. The checks come in 4-6 weeks. The other part of using Staples is that with their rewards program I get $3 for each used ink cartridge and 10% for paper and ink puchases. So this paper was actually .51 a ream after the 10% I will get back in my rewards check.



My CVS shopping came to $9.99 + tax out of pocket with 2 ECB's left for next week.
Here's the list.
4 - 12 pks Diet Coke
2 - 14ct pkg Always Overnight
2 - 10.3 oz Dawn Dishsoap
2 - pkg Bliss Chocolate (this is for stamping night)
2 - pkg Twizzler
2 - pkg LifeSavers (this helps keep our 3 CK happy at church)
1 - Gillette Fusion Power Razor



If you are interested in learning how to shop at CVS here is the detail of my transactions.
I started with 10 ECB's from last week.



4-12 pks Diet Coke 4/$13 (get 3 ECB's) (Out of Coke coupons but Erron drank the last one and Coke rewards is not offering the $1 coupon with redeemed points.)
used 10 ECB's
pd $3 OOP (out of pocket)
A $5 of $15 purchase printed with this receipt and the 3 ECB's



Candy Get 5 ECB with $15 purchase of candy from pg 2-3 of this weeks ad
2 - Twizzler 2/$3
2 - Bliss Chocolate 2/$7
2 - LifeSavers Mints 2/$5
used 1 - $1 Bliss coupon
used $5 off $15 purchase and 3 ECB's
pd $6 OOP received 5 ECB's



Gillette Fusion Razor $7.99 (get 4 ECB's)
Dawn Dishsoap 10.3 oz 2/$2 (get 1 ECB)
Computer screen cleaner $1 (found on 90% off electronics table)
used 1 -$4 Gillette coupon
used 2 - .50 Dawn Coupons
used 5 ECB's
pd .99 received 5 ECB's



Always Pads/Liners 2/$6 (get 2 ECB's)
used 1-$1/2 Always coupons
used 5 ECB's
pd only tax & received 2 ECB's that I will save for next week

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for breaking it down this way. I liked how you added how many ECB's you used to pay for things. Then I could really see how much you paid OOP and how much you saved!

    ReplyDelete