Thursday, July 9, 2009

To Blog Or Not To Blog?


Here I am again. Contemplating life on the beach in Hawaii. Ahhh.
So, Tam's Towne is a few weeks old now and I am at a real crossroads. Do we keep the blog going?

Any of you that know me know that there are lists all over my house. One of those lists is a what kinds of things I would add to or change about this blog if I want to step it up.

1. change the format so more info and organization can happen
2. add a Food Storage Friday
3. put some more West Knox fav's in there like the Bradley Chocolates post
4. maybe book review updates for the book club
5. stamping ideas for any stamping nuts maybe?
6. maybe another class held somewhere else?

Of course, many of those lists around my house are 'things to do' lists. So, this blog is important to me if it is helping anyone and being used.

Tell me. Do you needs Tam's Towne anymore or are you comfy enough with the whole process of finding good deals. If you want more, what do you want to see? What would be fun and helpful for you that you are not already getting somewhere else?

I am visiting my buddy Shannan in Louisville for a couple of days so think about it and leave your input and ideas.

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog and find it very helpful. I would be sad if you decided not to do it anymore, but I also understand that it's a lot of work. If you wanted to throw-in a couple extra things like Food Storage or stamping ideas, I think that would be great. I like it when you add the local deals too. But don't do this because you feel like you have to. Do it because you enjoy it. If it gets to be too much work and isn't fun anymore, than it's probably not worth it. But I definitely appreciate all the hard work that you put into doing this. I check it everyday, and I love all the deals that you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie! Thought I'd leave a little insight from a "seniored" perspective. I've been blogging for about a year now and I've went through blogger burnout where I debated on whether to continue blogging or not. Obviously I'm still at it so you can tell that I enjoy it. I don't get as much blogging done as I'd like to do but sometimes you do have to just step back and take a break.

    So, to answer some of your questions. :)
    1. As much as I love your background the yellow is a little distracting. You might change it up to where you could see the text more clearly. Plus, a 3 column layout will give your more room to add links and buttons. Get with me if you need help on that.
    2. Food storage is a great idea and if you participate in Meme's by leaving your link then more people can find out about your blog and start following you.
    5. I have a stamping girlfriend who would probably love ideas and tips.
    6. Teach away honey! I don't think you could really be able to not educate enough people around here about couponing.

    Our region tends to have alot different pricing than others so your Target & Walmart trips are probably really helpful!

    Hope that helps! You're doing a really great job and I hope that you stick it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at your comment about the yellow being a distraction. It took about three days of blogging to realize it was going to be a little strong. Okay a lot strong. I love bold colors but with the changes the colors would go for sure. Live and learn right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Honeslty some of the deals aren't helpful to me way out here in the west; but I feel like you are a lot closer when I read your blog because it is so you, your personality comes shining through! I love the food storage Friday idea! Please contact the marshmallow people about how to store those white fluffy critters for a longer period of time than 3 weeks, unopened! Albertson's has them for 49 cents a bag this week if you buy 10 participating items; but I hestitate to buy a bunch if they are going to be hard and I don't think it would be considered good parenting to allow my kids to eat them for every meal for the next few weeks; not to mention the gross things I would probably have to clean up from the upset stomachs of four kids! Love ya~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your blog!! You have to keep going!! I look forward it reading it every day, it's not only a great resource, but your motivating, your very witty in your posts, and they are so informative and fun to read!! I am NOT LETTING you stop blogging!!!

    FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS STOP BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete