Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Week

We have a super busy week at our house. We have been canning and freezing all the goodies from our garden and plan to do some tomatoes and peaches in the next few days. We have a good friend coming from out of town and I am taking inventory (again) of the kids clothes so I know what more they need for fall/winter. We are also cleaning windows and blinds and curtains --because they need it. CK#3 plays football three nights a week and guess who is the team mom? We also have a trip to NC and Nashville planned so only really good stuff will get my attention this week.

My plans this week include;
CVS school supply freebies. Check the flyer for the list or any of the links to crazy couponers will have lists of good deals.
I will time my Kroger trip to go on Thursday during the 50% off Kellogg's products one-day sale. Check out couponmommie or southernsavers for some good coupon links for Kellogg's products.

So email me if you have any questions or leave a comment if you have any fun ideas of what to do with a bunch of peaches & tomatoes. Right now I am planning peach butter, peach almond freezer conserve and slicing and freezing them for smoothies and cobblers. The tomatoes will be canned pizza sauce and diced tomatoes, frozen tomato puree and diced tomatoes. What I really need are more ideas for my cherry tomatoes. We are picking about 100 of these babies every other day. I have pureed and frozen some and will make a roasted tomato soup recipe this week to see if we like it enough to can some of that.

1 comment:

  1. you can use cherry tomatoes to make salsa, which always makes a good gift when added to a basket with chips and a movie:)

    ReplyDelete